Abbreviation Expansions can greatly increase the rate at which users communicate by allowing them to type only a few letters to represent a more complex word or phrase. To create an abbreviation expansion:
1. Select the Settings button in the toolbar.
Note: If the Toolbar is hidden, first select the Modify Button at the top right corner of your screen and choose Settings.
2. Select Rate Enhancement.
3. Select Manage Abbreviations. A list of your active abbreviations will be shown.
4. Select Manage.
5. Select New.
6. Select the text box next to Abbreviation. Use the onscreen keyboard to type the abbreviation you want to use, and select OK.
7. Select the text box next to Expansion to show the onscreen keyboard. Type the actual word or phrase represented by the abbreviation you entered in step 6. Then select OK on the keyboard.
8. Select Save.
9. Select Done.
10. Select Rate Enhancement in the top left corner of your screen.
11. Make sure that Auto Expand Abbreviations is checked.
12. Select Done in the top right corner of your screen.
13. Select Backto exit the Settings menu.
To expand the abbreviation, just type it into the message window. It will automatically expand after entering a space. Please note that the abbreviation must be entered into the message window exactly as it appeared when you created it. For example, if the abbreviation you created is "als" (without spaces between the letters,) entering "a l s" into the message window will not expand.
Aidez-nous en répondant à un bref sondage.