(Please note: Tobii will not assume responsibility for lost data. To prevent the permanent loss of data during the update process, be sure to create a separate backup of the data you wish to save.)
Factory Reset on an I-Series+
First step is to determine which edition of Windows 10 is running on the device. Original I-Series + devices ran Windows 10 Home out of the box. Newer I-Series + devices run Windows 10 Professional. Follow the steps below to determine what you may be running. Please do not assume you are running Windows 10 Home because you have an older device.
- In the Windows search box in the taskbar, type "About" then hit Enter.
- A Settings screen will appear. Scroll down on the right and under the heading Windows specifications you will spot the Edition. The edition will either say Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro.
If you are running Windows 10 Home, follow the directions under the Windows 10 Home heading. If you are running Windows 10 Pro, scroll down to follow the directions under the Windows 10 Pro heading.
Windows 10 Home
If you are running Windows 10 Home, please follow the steps below to run a factory reset. It may be helpful to plug in a mouse, however not necessary.
- Plug in the device.
- In the Windows search box in the taskbar, type "File Explorer" then hit Enter.
- In the left column select This PC
- In the right column, double-click on OSDisk (C:)
- Double-click on Program Files (x86)
- Double-click on Tobii Dynavox
- Double-click on Factory Reset Tool
- Right-click (or hold your finger down until you see a square) on FactoryReset
- Select Run with PowerShellfrom the context menu that opens.
- You may get a blue screen that looks like the following image:
- If you see the Execution Policy Change screen, type "y" and hit Enter
- It sometimes takes a few seconds but up will pop the I-Series Factory Reset tool. DO NOT make any changes. Select the Factory Reset button.
- When asked if you are sure, choose Yes.
- When warned that the system will reboot, select OK.
Please note the reset will take around 45 mins.
Now the C:-drive is formatted and restored to the state in which it was shipped from TobiiDynavox. You may need to unlock your device again if it had originally been locked but you purchased an unlock code. We suggest to update Windows and Tobii Dynavox software after the factory reset process.
Windows 10 Pro
If you are running Windows 10 Pro, please follow the steps below to reset your device to factory settings. Make sure you have the original paper that came with the device that includes the QR code and product key. Without this information you will be unable to reset the device. You can get a new copy of the document from technical support or customer service if needed.
- Plug in the device
- Select the Windows button on the Windows taskbar
- Choose the Settings button. It should look like a gear or cog symbol.
- In the Windows Settings window, scroll down and select Update & Security
- On the left column, select Recovery
- Under Reset this PC, choose the Get started button.
- Select Remove everything
- If you have a good Internet connection choose Cloud download, otherwise select Local reinstall.
- Select Next
Resetting the device may take anywhere from 45 minutes to a few hours depending on Internet speed and whether or not Cloud download or Local reinstall were selected. Once the device is reset you will need to go through the Out Of Box Experience and the Tobii Configuration Guide as you did when you first received the Windows 10 Pro device. We suggest to run Update Notifier once the reset process has completed.