With the many different products we sell at Tobii Dynavox log files are helpful to determine what may be going wrong with a particular device or software. Find your product below and follow the instructions to gather the log files.
I-13 and I-16 devices (including software)
- Open Hardware Settings
- Select System & Diagnostics from the menu on the left
- Choose the button labelled Save information to file. This will create a file on the desktop that can be sent to technical support.
TD Pilot (including apps)
Logs can be retrieved through the Co-Pilot app(The device needs to be connected to the internet for this to work
- In Co-Pilot select Settings
- Choose About
- Select Collect Log
- When doing so you will receive a pop-up that "information about your TD Pilot will be sent to TobiiDynavox tech support"
- Click Continue
These logs will be sent directly to a dedicated server so we will need the serial number of the device to be able to find the correct logs
Windows Control 2 Tobii Eye Tracking Core
- Select the TETC icon in the system tray. If there is an eye tracking issue it probably looks like an exclamation point with two dots (representing eyes) next to it.
- Select Interactions
- In the menu on the left choose About
- On the right side choose Troubleshoot
- On the bottom right of this next screen choose Collect diagnostic data. The data will be placed in a file on the desktop.
Windows Control 2
- From the Windows Control 2 toolbar select Settings.
- Choose Help & Usage
- Select Save information to file. The log file will be placed on the desktop.
Tobii Gaze Interaction Software on I-12, I-15, I-12+, and I-15+ as well as other logs regarding the device itself.
- Open the Control Center
- Select System from the left menu
- Choose Save information to file. The log file will be created and placed on the desktop.
Tobii Gaze Interaction Software on a PC (not I-Series)
- Open the File Explorer
- Browse to %programdata%
- Double-click the Tobii Dynavox folder
- Double-click the Gaze Interaction folder
- Double-click the Server folder
- Copy the Logs folder to the desktop and compress it to a ZIP file.
- Open the Quick Menu
- Select Window Mode
- On the menubar select Help
- Choose Logging
- Make sure Detailed is checked. If it is not, check it then wait until the issue occurs again to get a proper log file.
- If Detailed was checked select Browse...
- A window will open with all of the log files.
- Sort the files by date.
- Select the files from the date(s) that apply to the issue being logged and compress them to a ZIP file.
Snap Core First for Windows
- Open File Explorer
- Browse to %localappdata%\packages\tobiidynavox.snapcorefirst[some numbers and letters]\LocalState\Logs
Snap Core First for iOS
- Connect the iPad to iTunes on a PC.
- Go to File Sharing
- Find Snap and drag the Logs folder to the local PC.