When switch port number 1 (SW1) on an I-12 or I-15 is broken, these steps will present how to make a switch connected to switch port number 2 (SW2) perform as if it is connected to switch port number 1 (SW1)?
Please note: the first section has to be done regardless of what AAC software is being used: Snap Core First, Communicator 5, or Grid 3. Then complete any or all of the following sections as needed.
Please do the following:
Snap Core First:
- Connect the switch into the SW2 port.
- Open the I-Series Control Center.
- At left, select Switches.
- Under Switch 2, Set the action for Enter (or something else if you prefer).
- Close the I-Series Control Center window.
- Launch Snap Core First.
- Go into Settings.
- Select User.
- At left, select Access Method.
- Under Access Method, select the current one and change to Scanning.
- Select the Access Method words in the main part of the window above the choices.
- Select Scan type and choose 1 Switch Autoscan.
- Under Switch Options, select Switch input, choose the same/equivalent for what was selected for number 4 in the first section above.
- Select Done.
- Launch Communicator 5.
- From the C5 Quick Menu, select Advanced Settings.
- Select Input Method.
- Select Switch Scanning.
- Select Switch Scanning Settings.
- Select Use keyboard as switch.
- Under Key 1, choose the same/equivalent for what was selected for number 4 in the first section above.
- Launch Grid 3.
- From the top bar Menu, select Settings.
- At left, select Access.
- Select Switches.
- Under the Activation drop down menu, select Switch scanning.
- Under Configuration, select Connection.
- Select Switch 2.
- Select Change Key.
- Using a USB keyboard, press the keyboard button to choose the same/equivalent for what was selected for number 4 in the first section above.
- Near the top, select the left pointing arrow next to Connection.
- Select the Activation button.
- From the 1st pull down menu under Advance, select the desired scan pattern.
- From the 2nd pull down menu under Advance, select Automatically advance
- Select OK.